Monday, January 25, 2010

Twas the Night Before...

Tomorrow is the big day.  I can't believe it.  I imagine that sleep will be hard to come by for many of us tonight.  I also know that there are many people, including myself, who wish they could switch places with Ellie tomorrow.  Pray for peace and strength.

We spent the entire day today at the hospital, at pre-admission clinics.  It was such a long day, but also really informative.  Ellie powered through (per usual) and did really well.  I was so thankful to have my mom there with me, to play with Ellie while I spoke with doctor after doctor after doctor.  She's also a retired ER nurse, so I relied on her medical expertise a time or two.  I am beyond blessed to call her Mom.

Ellie needs to be at the hospital at 6:30 tomorrow morning.  Her surgery is scheduled to begin at 7:45.  It should take 4-5 hours.  Hopefully we will be in an area with internet access so that Richard or I can keep all of our prayer warriors and supporters in the loop.

We expect that Ellie will be "out of it" for at least 24 hours after surgery, as they drug her up with pain meds.  Thankfully, we can be with her as soon as she wakes up from the surgery, all the way till the end of our hospital stay.  I'm selfishly hoping and praying for a private room!

Pray hard tomorrow.  I have full confidence in all our doctors, especially our neurosurgeon, but I am still pleading with God to fill that operating room with angels.  Who knows, maybe Ellie will see a few!  Wouldn't that be cool?!

We love you all and feel your support.  We can't thank you enough.

Till tomorrow, from the Hospital Hotel...

(PS: It was such a busy day that I completely forgot to take any pictures!  Sorry!)

(PPS: Richard's here!  Thank you, Dad, for braving the blizzard and getting him to the airport on time!)

3 comments:

  1. Marigold made sure that I got up many, many times last night so I'd have the opportunity to think about you guys and pray. I'll be thinking of you all day long. We love you!

    <3 Jane

    ReplyDelete