Tuesday, January 26, 2010

9:30am (Pacific Time)

Ellie is in surgery RIGHT NOW. 

I am just so overwhelmed by all the emails and messages that I just read.  This girl is COVERED with prayer and support and love.  It's simply amazing. 

Everything went smoothly this morning.  We made it to the hospital at 6:30, and Ellie didn't once ask to eat or drink, which made our jobs a lot easier.  She was quite nervous, especially when they made her wear the hospital gown, but she was easily pacified through books and picture-taking.  That little girl is such a trooper.

Thankfully, I was able to accompany Ellie into the OR.  There, the nurses put in her IV line, and my little fighter didn't cry once!  We were telling each other Sesame Street stories and she was actually laughing at my ugly yellow gown and funny mesh hat.  Then, they put the mask over her mouth and nose and she peacefully drifted to sleep.  She was never without a familiar face or loving arms the entire time.  My heart was warmed.

Now we wait.  Dr. Steinbok expects to be out of the OR around 1pm (Vancouver time).  He said that it might be longer, and not to worry.  I will try to update again once Ellie's in recovery. 

We are going to try to rest and calm our hearts as we leave our little girl in God's amazing hands. 


Keep praying!

6 comments:

  1. Constantly, praying constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching the clock and checking here to get the latest. My heart is with you all today! I hope the next few hours don't drag too much. <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been watching the clock too! I am at work and checking the blog every half hour. I am going to light a candle for her tonight for safe recovery.

    Love D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been praying for all of you all morning. Thinking of all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking of you all day! I had a reminder set on my calendar. So glad she's done and can't wait for the awesome progress to come. Way to be strong Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That girl of yours is simply amazing! I am in awe of her strength!

    ReplyDelete