Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Night

We made it through the weekend!

Ellie, my mom and I had three days of "down time" and we used it to explore Vancouver and surrounding areas.  We toured lots of Olympic sights, drove up to the mountains, and did some shopping.  Of course, we were trying to distract ourselves from the REAL reason we're here.  I think we did a decent job!

Sweet Ellie has been in fabulous spirits, which is a definite answer to prayer.  We talk about going to the "hospital hotel" every once and a while, and as long as we reassure her that she won't be alone, she's okay with the idea. 

We'll spend most of our day at the hospital tomorrow, taking part in pre-admission clinics.  I'm anticipating that Ellie will have to be poked and prodded, so please pray that the veins in her little arms are easy to find.  The afternoon will be spent with the physical and occupational therapists.  They will conduct more tests on Ellie's legs, so that Dr. Steinbok knows which muscle's nerves to cut on her spinal cord.  (Yikes, just writing it makes me nervous!)

Richard is also scheduled to arrive tomorrow in the early evening.  Hopefully the nasty Manitoba weather won't delay his flight, because we're all ready for another set of physical and emotional hands to join us!

I'll leave you with a few pictures from the weekend.  I'll make sure to update tomorrow.  TWO DAYS!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I am loving the pictures. With God everything will be alright.

    ReplyDelete