Monday, February 22, 2010

You CANE Do It!

Ellie "walked" with canes for the first time post-SDR last week!  Of course, I use the term "walk" loosely, as it's very slow going.  When zipping around in her walker, Ellie uses a lot of upper body strength to help her along.  With the canes, she's unable to do that, so her upper leg weakness is really visible.  BUT, we have to start somewhere, and I'm happy that she was able to take these steps only 3 weeks after surgery!








PS: Ellie has been having a little difficulty adjusting to her new, rigorous schedule.  We had a few meltdowns at therapy last week.  So, if you could pray for continued resiliancy and that this week would be tear-free, my mama-heart would be very grateful.  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Way to GO Ellie!! I will starting praying for her endurance and for tearfree sessions. I know how difficult that can be not only on Ellie but Mommy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm so proud of that kid. It must be hard on her, all that work. You're all in my heart! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have meltdowns too if I had to work as hard as Ellie is! I'm so proud of her progress! I'll pray for no meltdowns though, as I know how hard they are on Mommies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, she looks awesome on those canes. Pretty good comeback, I'd say. I will be praying for no meltdowns. I feel your Mommy's heart on that. I am so excited about her progress. This is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete