Thursday, February 4, 2010

Packing, Stretching and Regaining Strength, Oh My!

Wow, y'all know how to stroke my cyber ego!  Thanks for all the comments and requests for frequent updates!  I feel as though our daily routine is a bit of a bore, but I'm always happy to "talk" a lot, tee hee!

Unfortunately, our physical therapy sessions were cancelled this week, as our therapist was in a car accident.  It's not life-threatening, but she will be unable to work for a couple of months.  We feel awful for her. 

BUT.  This is a temporary therapy reprieve for Ellie, as I just confirmed that she is set to start with her Orlando therapist on Monday morning!  We will see her every day next week.  Ellie is regaining more strength, so I am confident that she is ready to start her intensive therapy in a few days. 

Jelly B'Ellie continues to do some walking in her walker every day.  It's fun to see her get used to the way her legs work now.  We still need to hold onto her pants-waist, as she will, every once and a while, collapse unannounced.  I am getting pretty confident with doing her 3x daily stretches too.  I'm still sometimes struck by the irony of me, the liberal arts lover & biology-hater, becoming a make-shift physical therapist! 

Richie is en route to Florida.  Pray for safety and good weather.  And that my dad won't take him out of the will after this LONG, LONG road trip :-). 

Sorry no pics today.  I'm busy packing and cleaning and getting ready for our trek down to Orlando.  We haven't quite made it out of our PJ's today!

Thanks again for your continued support, interest, love and especially prayers.  I'll keep updating, I promise! 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Goody! Safe travels for everyone! I can't wait for the next Ellie update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me three! Safe travels to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for safe travels! I look forward to your updates. Hugs all around. I'm so glad that everything went well with the surgery and that Ellie is doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for all God is doing. LOVE the updates. HATE I missed you by a week. PRAYING!

    ReplyDelete