Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We're home!  For a few days, at least.  These couple of weeks are a bit of a whirlwind for our little family!

The flight home went very well and Ellie had no problem sitting up the entire time. Since being released from the hospital, she has only been on over-the-counter Tylenol and has been managing the pain just fine.  I am SO GLAD that part of this journey is over because it was the toughest on my mama-heart.

Ellie has been surprising us with how she's been able to move around since being home.  She is AMAZING, if I say so myself!  The doctor had said that it would take 4 to 6 weeks after the surgery for Ellie to be back walking in her walker.  Well, scrap that, because the girl walked up and down the hallway at home today!  It was so cool to see how she was trying to figure out how to work her legs, now that they feel and work so different.  I can't WAIT to see what's ahead for her!

Richard and my dad leave for their southern trek tomorrow.  They are driving down to Florida.  Ellie and I fly down on Sunday.  I will probably update this blog less frequently now that the surgery week is over.  Unless, of course, you say otherwise.  I am eager to please :-).

12 comments:

  1. frequently please! :-) btw, Ellie's room is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart fills with happiness and my eyes well with tears (happy tears, of course!) every time I read an update. I am so happy for all of you! And I vote for frequent updates! I check several times a day and I'd be lost without happy Ellie stories! Wishing you continued good luck in the next phase of your journey. Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love reading updates and Ashley asks often to see pictures of Ellie.
    Hope you keep updating us (maybe even with some pics of warm, southern sunshine :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay whoops... new to this - just wanted to say that we vote for frequent updates! We'd love, love, LOVE it if you would keep us posted on how the journey continues down south. You've got TONS of folks praying for you guys! But you know that already, right? Go hard, Ellie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've gotten hooked on my daily Ellie fix! I'd love to see lots of updates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ellie is such an amazing little girl with a great spirit. Her triumphs warm my heart and like everyone who has commented already, I also check frequently for updates. So, that being said the more frequent the updates the better. Can't wait to hear how things go with the therapist tomorrow. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks like she is doing so well!!!! I know it is difficult to handle several blogs but I hope you do update at least one of them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is great news! I think we should get an update at least every day. You should see me at work, i check out you different blogs atleast 6 times a day. Have a safe flight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We DEMAND updates on her therapy progress!!!! We want to rejoice with you as she gets stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go Ellie! I am so thrilled for you all! I love seeing that girl move! Praise the Lord. Frequent updates, please!!! I just don't think I can manage without knowing how the sweetie pie is doing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a daughter (nearly 3) with cp, too, and I am very curious to read about your daughter's future with therapy and progress after SDR. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete