Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Update Post

It's nice to know we're loved....I think!

I have received a few polite requests to get my tushy in gear and post more frequently and in depth on this blog.  Now, now friends.  You all know that I am TERRIBLY busy down here.  I have many events to attend and people to see.  I am inundated with get-together requests by my hundreds of Florida-friends.  I have chuch commitments and work commitments and social commitments. 

Oh, wait a sec.  That was my Canada life!

My only excuse is that sometimes I don't feel like being in front of a computer screen and I have been hosting my share of houseguests. 

So, here is a literal snapshot of the things we've been up to:

*Physical Therapy
Ellie building strength in her legs by kicking the ball
Standing up only holding onto Jen's hands!
High kneeling is VERY VERY difficult for Ellie, so we practice it a lot!

*Making Easter Eggs (yes, Ellie is learning from the craft master: her mom.  HA!)
Stirring the dye...
Letting the eggs dry (as mommy sighs in relief that neither skin nor clothes nor furniture were stained!)

Putting the stickers on the dried eggs...

Finished product!  SOMEONE looks pretty proud of her craft!


*Getting a Hair Cut
Quite fittingly, Ellie got placed in the Princess Station!

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLIE!
For Ellie's 5th birthday, we drove down to Tampa to pick up her new leg braces at Shriner's Hospital (what a memorable birthday, huh?!).  Ellie was showered with gifts from the hospital staff, bless their hearts!
Playing with some of her stash as we wait for the orthotist

Trying out her new contraption and AFOs.  The elastic band around her legs is supposed to turn her feet outward (they are prone to turning in, which can cause all sorts of problems).  She is also wearing her new leg braces (I'll take a close-up picture later).  Needless to say, Ellie was not thrilled with all the new equipment, so we'll try introducing it in small steps. 

So, there you have it!  We're working that FIVE-YEAR-OLD girl of ours pretty hard! 

3 comments:

  1. Busy times in Orlando :-) I hope you are taking care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday sweet Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great to see Ellie making such progress. And also good to see that you're getting in touch with your inner Martha Stewart. ;)

    ReplyDelete