Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Standing

The first step (pun intended) to Ellie walking independently with her canes is mastering the ability to stand with them.  We have been working on this skill for a few weeks now.  The first week, we gave her a goal of standing by herself with the canes for 10 seconds.  The second week, we upped it to 20 seconds.  Yesterday, Gabby pushed the limit to 50.  However, Ellie was in an especially "show off" mood, so she exceeded that 50 and stood for 80 seconds!  It was so long, in fact, that I couldn't get the entire thing on video.  This all means that her balance and strength are improving, yay!



(And.  Before you get all ugly on me about Ellie's crazy hair, please know that I DO NOT send her to class that way.  They spend 1/2 an hour on the mat, doing stretches, which leaves her hair lookin' pretty ghetto.  That, and I really really miss my mom and daycare provider's hair expertise!)

2 comments: