Monday, September 13, 2010

Too Cool For School

Wait a sec!  I can't use that phrase anymore, can I?  Nope.  Because my baby *is* cool enough for school now!

Here she is, in all her sweetness, on her first day of school.

Wowzers.  I can't believe this day is already here.  She's just a baby!  She was born yesterday!


The verdict is still out on how Ellie's doing in kindergarten, since she's only attended one day, and I happened to be with her the entire time.  She goes solo tomorrow, so we'll see.  I am hopeful.  I am fearful.  I am overwhelmed. 

I do know this: we will do whatever it takes to give Ellie every possible opportunity for scholastic success. Because, as I was telling her kindergarten teacher, our hearts bleed with that desire for her.  I can hardly wait for Ellie to read....because in books, you can live in an imaginary world, filled with loose muscles and dancing feet. 

Whatever it takes, Ellie. 

4 comments:

  1. What sweetness! I'm sure she'll do great. That girl is amazing! Malayna is loving kindergarten. The challenge now is keeping her healthy, after just 6 days in school she's already picked up her first cold of the season. That's the only downside of school for her now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how adorable. I love the outfit. I know Ellie is going to rock that school. She is so wonderfully determined, and I can tell she is bright. So, I think school will be awesome for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. would love to read an update about how ellie's kindergarden adventures are going?...hint hint lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. came across your blog from another, Ellie is a very beautiful and determined little girl, she reminds me of my granddaughter Hailey. Hailey is 3 years old and has Athetoid Cerebral Palsy. I am going to add you to my blogroll. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete