Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dancing Queen

Young and Sweet, that's for sure.



My amazing cousin, Stephanie, is a dance teacher at a local studio.  When I approached her with the idea of Ellie taking lessons this year, she jumped on that ballet bandwagon and arranged everything for us.  Ellie is so excited.  And my heart swells with happiness at the thought of my baby tip-toeing around with all the other little girls.

Ellie's first dance class starts next week.  Don't worry, there will be many pictures to follow!

And, for those who are wondering, the little Missy hasn't yet started school.  Her first day of kindergarten is on Friday.  We met her teacher this week and couldn't be more thrilled.  Ellie walked into the classroom and immediately asked, "Where are the books?"  That's my girl!  Showin' off for the teacher even before the school year has begun!

I'll try to update more often as Ellie rocks her way through these new adventures and her mom tries to remember to breathe!

4 comments:

  1. You know, I just re-read this entry and stopped at the phrase, "she WALKED into the classroom..." I wrote that without even thinking about the depth of those words. My gilr will be WALKING into her kindergarten class and she will be saying all her letters alongside the other kids because she knows them. And she will be counting to twenty without any problems, because she already knows how to do that. And she will be talking to her classmates in sentences. Prayers answered, my friends. Prayers answered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD IS GOOD!!! what else can I say??? amen to that. Ellie, I hope you LOVE kindergarten. Enjoy that first week....and all the years that follow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe our girls are kindergartners!! Malayna is loving it so far, but it has only been 4 days. Ellie has made such amazing progress and is so incredibly smart! It's gonna be a great year! I LOVE the ballet pics and can't wait to see more. Rock on, sweet Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is so good! I am caught that WALKED into the classroom. Ellie is amazing. God can do anything, and I believe that. Ellie is a smarty and I think this year will be fantastic for you all. I cannot wait to watch and hear all about it. I love, love, love the ballet attire too. She is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete