Sunday, July 18, 2010

Camp Fun

Oooh, this is so much fun!  I love coming home each weekday and living out Ellie's day through pictures.  My heart soars every time I see evidence of how much fun Ellie is having at her Conductive Education Camp.  She just melts me. 

As we can all see through the photos, it's obvious that Ellie's conductors and therapists go to great lengths to ensure her "therapy" is fun.  And while I am thankful for that, I am even more grateful that Ellie is so very tenacious and strong.  She fights through it every day.  She takes just.one.more.step. every day.  She works so very hard.  Every day.

I am head-over-heels in love.

Working hard on fine motor tasks.  Ellie lurves her some puzzles!  It takes a lot of dexterity to put the pieces together. 

Having fun in the Sesame Street playhouse (yes, I said SESAME STREET...Ellie's in heaven!) with her sweet friend.

Going down the slide all by herself!  Whoosh!

Dr. Jelly B'Ellie.

Now that her mama has to rush out of the center in order to be at work on time, Ellie is always the first one of the kids to arrive at camp.  She zips her way down the hall, straight into the classroom, where she waits for all her friends.  Precious!

 Remember playing with the parachute in the playground at recess?  Well, who said that our "special kids" can't do the exact same thing?!  FUN!
 

3 comments:

  1. You have no idea how jealous I am that Ellie has a center like this for her therapy. I SO wish that we had something like this close. We are struggling here to make therapy fun and Mommy is having a difficult time with seeing her baby so unhappy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're struggling with therapy these days too. You are so lucky to have this center for Ellie and even luckier that Ellie is such a hard worker! I love seeing the pics of her doing such fun things! Go, Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, girls, just so you know, the invitation is ALWAYS open to come up here for a summer camp session. I'm serious. There's bunches of out-of-towners that come to our local center for camp, because it's the cheapest around (less than half the cost of the camp in Orlando) and it is SO good. We have plenty of room to host or plenty of connections re: accommodations. Just let me know if you want more info. Summer 2011 will be here before we know it! Kisses to both James and Malayna!

    Chrystie

    ReplyDelete