Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Onto August...

Hi friends!

I'm baaack!  Did ya miss me?!  With a smiling heart, I can tell you that Miss Ellie sure did!  I took off for 9 days to the Windy City of Chicago, sans Ellie and sans Richard.  THAT is why this blog has been so neglected!  I hauled 11 teeny-boppers with me, on a short term missions trip.  It was un-stinkin'-believable.  If you want details, let me know.  It was lovely to come home to smothering kisses and repetitive reminders of, "I missed you, Mommy!"s.

Of course, this blog is about Jelly B'Ellie, so I'll refrain from spewing all of my news...

My little munchkin finished her month of intensive conductive education therapy camp at the end of July and we were once again thrilled with the results.  As you saw in the previous video, she is starting to slowly (but surely!) walk solo with her canes.  This is a major milestone!  I have a whole bunch of "graduation" pictures to download, but you'll have to cut me some slack.

For the month of August, Ellie will be receiving her physical therapy at Children's Hospital (2-3 times per week), and LOTS of stretching and cane-practice from her resident honorary PTs (aka: Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, Steph, etc...).  Lucky girl, huh?

As you wait for those grad pictures, I'll leave you with a few of Ellie and her new boyfriend.  Richard is ready to sit on the front porch with his shot gun, waiting to scare Ellie's suitors (that is, if we had a front porch and if I actually allowed Richard to own a shot gun), ha!

1 comment:

  1. I HAVE missed you and sweet Jelly B'Ellie! I'm so glad to hear she continues to do well - I knew she would! Love the pics and can't wait to see the graduation pics! Hint, hint!!

    ReplyDelete